Skip to main content

Finding Balance

Starting the day off right 


    I always like to start my day with reading my scriptures, and praying to my Heavenly Father. I know I mentioned that in my previous post but I feel that its important to mention, and to share my insights of the scriptures everyday. I read about the saviors atonement today, and no matter how hard life gets we can always look to the savior for help. Because he knows exactly what we are going through in our life's, he suffered in the garden of gethsemane for us. So that he could fully understand our hardships and what we go through on a day to day basis. He knows what our trials our like because he experienced them, so that he can help us in this life.
     I love how that what I read in the scriptures is exactly what I need for the day, to help me get through and realize what's most important. As well as remind me that I can strive to be better tomorrow then I was today.

Finding Balance

     I have been trying to find balance in my life, from all the stuff I want to do. To all the stuff I need to do. As well as what is the most important thing that I need to focus on. I am not perfect at this at all, but I am striving to be little by little everyday. I want to try and be better each and everyday. I have been praying to God to help me find balance and to find the time to get the stuff I need to get done everyday, as well as help me follow my dreams. Plus I feel like there is always a lot expected of me, everyday and I want to strive to do the best that I can.
       I am trying to start by developing good habits, reading my scriptures, journaling, making sure we are doing come follow me as well as many other good things. I am not always the best and I sometimes don't do everything I need to but I am trying.

Having A Routine


      Having my daughter on a routine, as definitely helped me find balance between getting stuff done and spending time with her. Making sure I am spending equal time doing both, is not easy and something I work one everyday. However by doing so it makes all the difference.
     In the mornings I read my scriptures, then I go and paint, before my daughter and husband wake up. This has helped me to get in some me time which has been very beneficial to me. Then when they wake up I take my daughter down stairs we have breakfast, and then my husband leaves to work. I then get my daughter ready for the day and play with her until she takes her nap every morning. During the time I spend with my daughter in the morning I try and not have my phone on or near me as it is a huge distraction and I want this time to be just me and her. I am not always the best at it but I try my best, I do have a bit of a phone addiction I wont lie, but I am trying to be better. I love this time in the morning because its a great bonding experience for us both. When we have these kind of mornings it dose not matter how crazy the rest of the day is, I know that my daughter feels loved, and I know that the rest of the day is better for her. For example she has less tantrums and is more willing to go down for her nap, because in her mind okay all is well my mommy was with me and I was able to spend time with her. I feel like life is so busy as it is and its so important to have time set apart that is just dedicated to my kid. During my daughters nap, I get showered and ready for the day, then I focus on my art business, and promoting my art pieces online.
       I have a great morning routine set in place for me and my daughter. Dose it always work out this way? No. Not everyday is going to be a perfect day where everything works out the way its expose to. Although I really wish it would, but sadly that's not how life works. Some days are better then others and today was proof that days don't always go as planned. For instance today my daughter decided not to take a nap today so I had to go with plan B instead of plan A. I feel its important to be able to adapt to the changes of the day even if things don't always go as planned. Even though our morning routine is great, our afternoon routine needs work. My next step is trying to find balance with what we do after nap time. I am trying to limit the amount of TV we watch because honestly its not good for either of us to constantly be watching TV all the time. This is a constant struggle that we are trying to be better at. I have so many things I want to do with our time, but as soon as the TV is turned on I forget all about that and we just watch TV. Today was a bad example of just that. Plus its so easy just to turn it on and let my daughter watch the TV while I get little projects done around the house. It will be so much easier, just to let her help, and it will be better for her development in the long run.
       When my husband gets home we have a fairly good routine as well. we have dinner, and we will read a chapter in the new testament for come follow me. then we watch a family movie, or do something as a family. I love doing Yoga with my daughter at night even though she is 1 it is so much fun to watch her try and follow the instructor and its also a great time me and my daughter have to spend together. then as soon as we are done we do chores, read scriptures and my husband puts my daughter down for the night. The rest of the night is just me and my husband, which is great.
         I really want to make sure that we have a solid routine down because I really truly feel like it will help us, when we have new baby. By having my daughter on her schedule we can work up to getting the new baby on the same schedule.
Growing My Talents


       I always want to make sure that I am growing my talents in a wide variety of areas. I feel like as a mom most of my time is spent on taking care of the house as well as my daughter, which I love. In addition to doing these things I want to make sure that I am growing and developing as a person, and I am not loosing the drive to want to paint and follow my dreams as well. I know that it is extremely important to show my kids that our dreams matter and show them that going after your dreams is important and worth doing. The best way to do this is to lead by example.

      I feel like writing down all the dreams and things I want for my family will really help me find balance in my life, and help me grow as a person. I want to strive to be better tomorrow then I was yesterday. Finding balance in my life has taken some time and effort but with all good things in life, it takes time. I am grateful that I have come this far.

 Until next time have a wonderful day.

       
     

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays Are Our Saturdays.

       My husband has, Sundays and Mondays off, so Mondays become are chillax day. My husband wanted this Monday to be like a Saturday cartoon day. Which is fine with me, I love spending quality time with my family at home. We started the day by watching the Power Puff Girls, because my daughter loves that show. I don't mind watching that one either because it doesn't drive me crazy over time. I still insisted even thought it was a relaxing day that we eat somewhat healthy. So I made smoothies for breakfast.      We took my daughter out in the back yard, and set up the pool so that she could swim. Which was harder then I had originally thought to fill up the pool. Living in an apartment we don't have a hose. Will I thought getting a bucket and filling up the bucket then taking it to the pool would work. It took forever lol, however we were able to make it happen my husband found multiple buckets to fill so that we could fill it up faster. We made lunch before trying

Just a sick day at home.

I honestly never thought that I would be writing a blog about being a mom, it never crossed my mind. I have had some debates on how I should start this blog. I am completely out of my element here. I have another blog where I just talk about all the art pieces that I have been working on, as well as the art I want to do. I even have a YouTube channel and I thought that was pretty nerve racking to start, but it has actually been quite enjoyable. No matter how many followers I have its still fun for me. Even though I have other things that I am involved in doing. Writing this blog seems very weird to me. The idea for this blog was very unexpected, I have been thinking about being a mom and what that means to me, and out of the blue I had this idea to write a mommy blog. I am a very religious person. I am a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. I truly believe that the inspiration for this blog came from Heavenly Father. I would never of thought of doing a mommy b