Skip to main content

Just a sick day at home.

I honestly never thought that I would be writing a blog about being a mom, it never crossed my mind. I have had some debates on how I should start this blog. I am completely out of my element here. I have another blog where I just talk about all the art pieces that I have been working on, as well as the art I want to do. I even have a YouTube channel and I thought that was pretty nerve racking to start, but it has actually been quite enjoyable. No matter how many followers I have its still fun for me. Even though I have other things that I am involved in doing. Writing this blog seems very weird to me. The idea for this blog was very unexpected, I have been thinking about being a mom and what that means to me, and out of the blue I had this idea to write a mommy blog. I am a very religious person. I am a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. I truly believe that the inspiration for this blog came from Heavenly Father. I would never of thought of doing a mommy blog in a thousand years. However I do believe that God is trying to point me in the right direction and that this will be good for me in the end. I also know that when God tells you to do something you should listen and do what he says because he knows best always. I feel like the best way to start this blog is to just start in the moment and just talk about what is going on in my life as it comes up. Rather then try and pick topics that I should express myself about. I feel that this blog will be a lot more meaningful to me and something I will continue doing if I write in the moment, plus that's how all the best stuff is captured is in the moment. My daughter Is sick with a cold today so I stayed home with our little one while my husband went to church. I am greatful that even though we were unable to go to church, that we have resources that our church has recently come out with called the "Come Follow Me" book that allows members of the church to gain greater insights to the scriptures and come closer to Christ as a family. We did that this morning and had the spirit fill our home and we were able to gain better insights of the New Testament. Church is still needed and great but it helps on days like today when there is no way that you can make it to church. I am truly greatful that its something we can use every week to come closer to the savior. I always find it hard when my daughter is sick. Maybe its because she is my only child for the moment. Until December when we have baby number 2. I Honestly feel like that it will always be hard to see my baby girl not feeling well. I just want to take all the sickness away, but sadly I cant. I know that in the end it is good for her to overcome big and small obstacles in life, but as a mom I always hate seeing her go through hard things. But even though she is sick, we can still have some fun by watching movies, and spending time as a family, and not always have to be on the move all the time. Which is hard for me I am a go go go type of person. So days like today help me see that there is beauty in having quite days, where you don't have to worry about getting things done or running errands I can just sit back relax and cuddle my little girl.
I am greatful for essential oils, I know not a lot of people like essential oils but I truly love them. I use Doterra oils, I put tea tree oil and on guard as well as oregano into the diffuser and have it going all day. My daughter seems to get better a lot faster when we use oils then when we don't, which is a blessing. I also use the same oils and dilute them with coconut oil and put them on her feet. To help her feel better, I love natural ways to take care of my family. I also believe in modern medicine don't worry.
Now even though it has been a chill day at home, I got my ipsy yesterday and got my new makeup goodies. So I had time to do my nails which I never have time to do with all the other stuff I have going on. But I had the time today which was great, I still like to get ready and look good even if I don't go anywhere. Why? Because it makes me feel good and gives me a self esteem boost, and makes me happy. I don't care if I am just sitting at home taking care of my sick baby, getting ready for the day is so important for me. Plus ipsy is like a small spa day in a tiny bag, its a great way to pamper yourself at home without having to spend tons of money, which is amazing. I try to be greatful for every day no matter what happens, it may not be the best circumstances with my daughter being sick. But I'm greatful for the one on one time I get to spend with my family and cuddling my little girl until she feels better. Hopefully she will feel better soon. Until next time have a great rest of your day.

Popular posts from this blog

Mondays Are Our Saturdays.

       My husband has, Sundays and Mondays off, so Mondays become are chillax day. My husband wanted this Monday to be like a Saturday cartoon day. Which is fine with me, I love spending quality time with my family at home. We started the day by watching the Power Puff Girls, because my daughter loves that show. I don't mind watching that one either because it doesn't drive me crazy over time. I still insisted even thought it was a relaxing day that we eat somewhat healthy. So I made smoothies for breakfast.      We took my daughter out in the back yard, and set up the pool so that she could swim. Which was harder then I had originally thought to fill up the pool. Living in an apartment we don't have a hose. Will I thought getting a bucket and filling up the bucket then taking it to the pool would work. It took forever lol, however we were able to make it happen my husband found multiple buckets to fill so that we could fill it up faster. We made lunch before trying

Finding Balance

Starting the day off right      I always like to start my day with reading my scriptures, and praying to my Heavenly Father. I know I mentioned that in my previous post but I feel that its important to mention, and to share my insights of the scriptures everyday. I read about the saviors atonement today, and no matter how hard life gets we can always look to the savior for help. Because he knows exactly what we are going through in our life's, he suffered in the garden of gethsemane for us. So that he could fully understand our hardships and what we go through on a day to day basis. He knows what our trials our like because he experienced them, so that he can help us in this life.      I love how that what I read in the scriptures is exactly what I need for the day, to help me get through and realize what's most important. As well as remind me that I can strive to be better tomorrow then I was today. Finding Balance      I have been trying to find balance in my life,